1) I’m so pumped about this weekend! First of all, tonight is date night! Double-date style too. We’re meeting our friends who we haven’t seen for a long time. Then, tomorrow we’re attending a Dia de Velitas Celebration. If you’re from Barranquilla, you know what I’m talking about. If not, I may have to write a post about it and explain one of the most awesome holidays ever
2) My paranoia knows no boundaries. My cousin G was traveling abroad for the first time ever and staying with a roommate who she hadn’t met in person yet. I was so afraid said roommate would turn out to be a psycho killer that I sent her the following message on the morning she was supposed to fly out:
Hey! You must be asleep still but I just wanted to tell you that if you don’t feel uncomfortable for whatever reason once you get there. If something “goes wrong”, and you can’t speak freely, use the code word “soup” to let me know something’s up. Maybe I’m being too paranoid?
3) So our 1 Year Anniversary is coming up, and we’re trying to decide if we want to eschew (expensive) presents and instead go on a mini-vacation somewhere special and just exchange small, meaningful gifts. I mean we really don’t need any material thing. Sure one can never have too many pairs of shoes or leather jackets, but a trip to a nice, secluded cabin in the mountains is something we will both cherish forever.
4) Since starting this little experiment to post every day, I have gone back and read through my archives just to see how I could ever muster the energy to write entire paragraphs of navel-gazing drivel. Two interesting things I noticed: a) I used to be really careless with spelling and formatting and b) I dropped the F-bomb an awful lot. I’d like to think since I have a Master’s Degree now, there’s no excuse for me to neglect proof-reading of my posts and that the reason I cursed so much back then was because I had never lived in the US, and therefore I didn’t quite grasp the overtones of this word.
5) Once thing I have realized while living here in the US: I am not competitive at all. At least, not when it comes to sports. Most people I know around here plead allegiance to at least one team, but I feel like I really couldn’t care less about that kind of thing. When I’ve been asked to wear colors to cheer for X team or school’s team, I always forget. When people ask, where’s your spirit? I go, meh, I have no spirit.