In keeping with last year’s promise of writing a wrap-up post to reflect on the highlights and lowlights of the current almost-over year, I’m recapping 2012. This time I managed to get it done before the actual end of the year.So, go me!
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
I can think of a few things: I moved in with my fiance. Got married!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I’m kind of over resolutions to be honest. I made a big deal of resolutions around this time last year, but I’m just not in the mood to do that now. I did keep some of last year’s. Others not so much. Maybe I will go over them. Maybe I won’t.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My friends A and J had a lovely baby girl! She is so cute!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not anyone in my immediate or extended family, but some people I knew and cared for died in violent circumstances. It is so sad to even think about those things. My heart still breaks.
5. What countries did you visit?
None. I want to travel, but there is not enough money or time. Here’s to hoping it will happen in 2013
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
More free time to read for pleasure.
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
August 11, November 13 and December 28. I moved in with J, my mom’s visa was denied and I married the love of my life on those dates respectively.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I managed to keep an A average in all my classes. I paid off my car and student loan. Not to be all lovey dovey, but also, I GOT MARRIED! That is a huge accomplishment in my book.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I neglected my health. Ignoring my migraines and not working out as regularly as I should have.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Migraines were more frequent in 2012 than they were in 2011. What gives, brain?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My wedding gown. I know, I know. I need to shut up about it already.
12. Where did most of your money go?
School tuition, books, and Christmas presents.
13. What did you get really excited about?
Wait for it…
My wedding! (Are you sensing a theme here?)
14. What song will always remind you of 2012?
It has to be “Call Me Maybe”, although I despise that song. It was just playing every-freaking-where!
15. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder? Thinner or fatter?Richer or poorer?
Happier, same, richer.
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Exercising. Sleeping. Saving.>>>>Same as last year!
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Stressing. Worrying. Buying so much damn stuff.
18. How did you spend Christmas?
Exactly as I did last year. Visiting my husband’s family down south. ( I just had to type the word “husband” somewhere. Ha!)
19. What was your favorite TV program?
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
I loved Stay by Allie Larkin. I didn’t read much for fun this year.
21. What was your favorite music from this year?
Pandora’s Spa Radio Station.
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
Life of Pi was great. Also, the teenager in me loved Breaking Dawn 2 and The Hunger Games.
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 28. I went out to dinner with J and received awesome presents.
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If I could have spent at least a week with my mom.>>>>>> Same from last year
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Other than the fact that I wore a lot of coral in the Summer and dark blue in the Fall, it pretty much stayed the same.
26. What kept you sane?
Long phone calls to my mom. My loving husband. Audio-books for my long commute.
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
Good things come to those who wait.