How I Ended Up Having An Awesome Monday Night

23 Feb

Up until Friday morning, I had already resigned myself (not totally) to the fact that I wouldn’t be attending the Bon Jovi concert in Raleigh. I made the decision not to go based solely on my lack of financial resources. In lay man’s terms, I simply could not afford it. I mean, technically I could, but there were  so many other things on my list of Things I Need To Spend Money On that I decided going to a concert seemed a tad frivolous.  So, with great sadness I made myself not purchase the tickets. However, I didn’t give up the idea of going. I signed up for a million sweepstakes, contests and giveaways. But Friday, February 18th came and there was no e-mail in my inbox saying I had won anything.

Some time after lunch on Friday, I was talking to my roommate about how bummed I was about missing the concert. And then she gave me a great idea! She suggested buying the ticket for me so that I could pay her later. YAY! So, as I was trying to find decent tickets on, she said, “Wait, what if I go with you?” Double YAY!  I was totally sure I was not going to attend at all and 5 minutes later, I had tickets and a buddy to go with! Yeah!

I was convinced I wouldn’t get tickets within a good location in the arena since the concert was going to be taking place so soon. But guess what? I found really, really cheap tickets in the lower level of the arena. The only catch was that it was on the back of the stage. But in the end it turned out great, because I was so close to the stage, I COULD SEE JON BON JOVI WITHIN A FEW FEET AWAY FROM ME! Let me take a deep breath…

Anyways, so Monday night came and off we drove to Raleigh. The lines were really long, unlike the concert in Charlotte last year, which made us a little late. As we entered the joint, Billy Falcon, who was opening the show, had already started performing. And then at around 8:45 PM, the lights went off and the best band in the whole wide world came on stage singing Blood on Blood! It was awesome! I jumped up and down, screamed, sang, danced and said woohoo and woo a million times. I got home at around 2:00 AM and I had to be up at work at 7:30 AM the next day. I was so sore and sleepy the next day, but it was so totally worth it!

I know this is to please no one else but me, but soon I will upload some pics from the show here along with the videos in which you can hear me wooing and singing.

Livin’ on a Prayer,




Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: